Thursday, April 09, 2015

Easter Weekend

It's been a few days now that we're all back to work after the long Easter Bank Holiday Weekend, and I thought I'd share a glimpse of what my weekend looked like.

Cute Lindt Chocolates {Easter Day - 2015}
Easter Treats!
Friday wasn't too eventful for me; I went to the gym and had my hair trimmed by my trustworthy hairdresser. 

By contrast, Saturday and Sunday were long and busy days. After gymming again (had to pre-burn some Easter chocolate calories!) on Saturday, Andy and I went shopping for a few last minute ingredients and to stock up on soft drinks and alcohol for the next day's festivities. The afternoon consisted of peeling, chopping, slicing, dicing and mixing. We had driven to Andy's parent's house to help his Mum prepare some of the dishes for Easter Day. It was nice to give her a hand, but I was definitely pleased to see the knives and peelers go into the dishwasher at the end of the day! With tired eyes we painted a few boiled eggs and then made our way back home to go and watch some Netflix in bed.

Andy, Bambi and I {Easter Day - 2015}
Andy, Bambi and I {Easter Day - 2015}
My Sister and I {Easter Day - 2015}
Lindt Chocolates {Easter Day - 2015}
Bubbles {Easter Day - 2015}
Late Sunday morning we headed to my Mum's for an Easter brunch with my family. It was relaxed and easy-going - with lots of chocolate, of course! Towards the evening we drove back to Andy's parent's house with my family in tow. We had a 4-course European Easter Feast with family and friends of many nationalities - Lithuanian, Russian, German, Italian, Irish, Ukrainian and Latvian! We played a few games with the hard-boiled eggs, as we do every year with Andy's family. The evening was busy, loud and joyful. Everyone seemed to have a really wonderful time and we all left with our bellies full and big smiles on our faces.

Easter Nests {Easter Day - 2015}
Amazing cake that my Mum made {Easter Day - 2015}
Cakes! {Easter Day - 2015}
Bank Holiday Monday was another chilled-out day for me. I went on a walk with my Dad and did some gardening, but mainly relaxed.

What did you get up to over Easter? I hope you all had a lovely time!


Love & Kisses,

Vicki xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment