Wednesday, October 08, 2014

BeautyUK Products - Review



I bought some BeautyUK products two weeks ago and have been testing them out. See what I think of these budget beauty buys below!

BeautyUK  -  Posh Palette no.1  -  EDEN
BeautyUK  -  Posh Palette no.1  -  EDEN
Product:  
I like the selection of colours this palette has - a combination of matte and metallic shades of nude, bronzes and browns. I felt I could use every single colour on the palette - unlike some others where I don't like all of the eye-shadows.
However, this is where all the positives end. The eye-shadows aren't as pigmented as Urban Decay's shadows. The brushes are cheap looking and feel cheap also. They aren't great at blending or even getting the colour from the palette. 
The eye-shadow does stay put all day, but don't have such a dramatic effect or coverage as other higher branded eye-shadows.

Value for Money: 
I bought the product for £5.99 from Superdrug.
The palette was very reasonably priced in comparison to other branded palettes, but you pay for quality. 

Packaging:
Simple, clean and basic. Not awful to look at, but not overly glamorous. 

Would I recommend it to a friend: 
I would recommend it to a friend who cannot afford a more high-end palette, but I would explain the downfalls of the product.

BeautyUK  -  High Brow  -  Eyebrow Kit
BeautyUK  -  High Brow  -  Eyebrow Kit
Product:
In this eyebrow kit you get:
a double ended brush with an angled brush and a blending brush,
tweezers,
eyebrow wax, and
three shades of setting powder.

I used both ends of the brush, the wax and the lightest setting powder shade. The wax felt really strange to apply and on my eyebrow at first. Once I had coloured in my eyebrows with the setting powder, however, I soon forgot about the wax and liked the way my eyebrows looked.
I didn't use the tweezers so I don't know if they are any good, and I also have not used the dark brown or black setting powders as they would be far too dark for my hair / complexion. 
The brush provided isn't great quality, so I would recommend using an alternative one if possible.

Value for Money:
I bought this BeautyUK Eyebrow Kit for £3.99 from Superdrug.
I don't mind paying £3.99 for this product, but I probably could buy a slightly better branded kit for only a few pounds more. I think that if you're working with a tight budget, this product is alright.

Packaging:
Like the other BeautyUK products, the eyebrow kit comes in simple packaging. For this product I don't mind the minimalistic look.

Would I recommend it to a friend:
For a product under four pounds, I think this is an okay purchase. If you have a bigger budget though - get a nicer version!

BeautyUK  -  Blush & Brush  -  no.3 Upper East Side 
BeautyUK  -  Blush & Brush  -  no.3 Upper East Side
Product:
I quite like this shade for the more autumnal seasons. I've been wearing a peach-coloured blusher until recently, but I feel like now the weather's a bit cooler I want a more pink-coloured shade. 
I like the shade of this blush, but I use my own brush to apply it to my cheekbones because the brush provided isn't fantastic.

Value for Money:
This blusher is £2.99 from Superdrug, which I think is very cheap for a blusher. 

Packaging:
Simple, compact, easy to fit into any make-up bag. Nothing fancy, but it's not like you need anything over-the-top for a simple blush.

Would I recommend it to a friend:
Yes. Out of the BeautyUK products I tried, this is probably the only one I would talk to a friend about. It cheap, a nice shade and lasts all day.


Thanks for checking out my review! Have you tried any of these BeautyUK products (or any of their others)? What did you think?

Love & Kisses,

Vicki xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment